What is takween networks?
takween networks offers travel grants to early- to mid-career designers based in Jordan, working in fashion, product, interior, furniture or graphic design to allow them to visit Beirut Design Week 2019 from 2 – 7 July.
The grant enables emerging designers based in Jordan a chance to connect with other designers in the region and to exchange with and be inspired by a neighboring design week. Beirut Design Week showcases the best of Lebanese and international design in order to strengthen creative economies and foster entrepreneurship, all within the context of the region's rich cultural heritage.
Applicants interested in visiting Beirut Design Week must present a letter of intent describing their motivation for applying and how participation in takween networks will benefit their practice or business.
The applicant will receive an amount of 800 JOD to cover accommodation and travel costs for the trip to Beirut.
- Minimum stay in Beirut - 3 days
- Attending the visitors program organized by Fantasmeem
- Visiting Beirut Design Week’s programs
- Independently organizing own accommodation and transportation using grant funds offered
- Hand in a short report of the trip based on the experience at Beirut Design Week
How to Apply
- Read the eligibility criteria and submission guidelines below.
- Complete the Application Form linked at the bottom of this page.
- Upload your supporting documents.
- Review and agree to the terms and conditions of participation.
- Submit your application.
- Check that you have received an email confirming that your application has been submitted.